Monday, February 21, 2011

Inspirations :)

The past few mondays I have posted some websites that I like and look at for inspiration, so I figure I'll just keep doing it until I run out of amazing websites - it might take a long time.

Baking:
This past week my husband and I celebrated our '1 year in Korea' anniversary, SO naturally I wanted to bake a cake.  A friend told me about this fun website called bakeitinacake.com. The lady who started the website wanted to make something for http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/ and people just loved it.
So in honor of the fun and craziness that Korea has brought into my life I decided to "bake it into a cake"
I have to mention that we are moving in a week and I'm currently busy with a 'eat what we have' project to clean out the cupboards - so that is why my cake is so healthy :) (I already cleaned out the chocolates)

Custard, Pecan, Banana, Cinnamon Cake containing a Custard Tart


I have to admit the following photo looks less appetizing, seeing as it collapsed a little when I cut it, BUT that didn't stop it from being devoured.


Go check out the website. You won't be sorry!

Sewing:

This blog is by Kelly, a crafty mom. She has quite a few tutorials which you can check out here. AND this wednesday hex-along that she has joined in on, maybe I will too, I have a lot of fabric scraps. You can see it here at hearting hexies.
Hexies

This is where the project originated - Wednesday hex-along.

Another story that might be TMI :)
I have only had two sewing classes in my life. One was in grade 4 and the other in grade 8. In grade 4 my teacher tried to teach me how to make hexies for a cushion - she ended up leaving the school , I have no proof but I am sure my hexagonal scrap heap influenced this decision/ possibe change in career choice.  The other lesson was in embroidery. I was convinced I had found my calling, but for some reason no one else shared my enthusiasm. And because I can't find any of these aforementioned art works, I will forever be convinced that they were LEGENDARY!!

So here's to looking forward (to my perfectly aligned hexagonal thingy majig) and forgetting what lies behind (wasted fabric scraps and missing masterpieces - somethings are better left in the past)!

1 comments:

Katy Farkle said...

That cake thing looks AMAZING!!! I think I will have to pay you to make me one for my birthday! ;)